1. Add the new formatted Hard disk.
2. Create a new mount point for the disk and make asterisk as the owner of that.
#chown -R asterisk:asterisk /monitor/
3. Create startup script. You can also use fstab for the same.
Edit /etc/rc.local and add the following line. Here /dev/sdb1 is the first partition of newly attached hard disk.
/bin/mount /dev/sdb1 /monitor
4. Run the startup script.
5. Now if you run the below command you should see the hard disk mounted( /dev/sdb1 903G 2.9G 853G 1% /monitor).
# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 895G 2.8G 846G 1% /
/dev/sda1 487M 23M 439M 5% /boot
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sdb1 903G 2.9G 853G 1% /monitor
6. Remove the monitor folder and link it to new location.
#rm -rf /var/spool/asterisk/monitor
#/bin/ln -s /monitor /var/spool/asterisk
7. Change Extension settings to enable recording in Elastix GUI and check if the files are saved in new location.